This free benefit offered by SCCoLPA provides the legal community with a place to post job openings for all categories of job positions. SCCoLPA assists in every possible manner to procure employment for members of this association and cooperates with attorneys in filling positions in law offices, but in no event does this committee act as an employment agency. Employers desiring/needing to place an advertisement for employment on SCCoLPA’s website may view the “Employment Opportunities” page on this website and format the advertisement like those already posted. Employers will also need to give the following information to the Employment Chair: name, firm name, address, phone number(s), areas of law practice, software used, position available, and years of experience required. The attorney/employer is requested to e-mail the Employment Chair with the advertisement formatted like those currently posted on the “Employment Opportunities” page. Advertisements for employment are usually posted as soon as possible. It is the responsibility of the applicants to contact the employers, schedule interviews, exchange resumes, and to discuss benefits and salary, etc. All information is listed until notification to drop the name/position is given to the Employment Chair.
Please contact the Employment Chair, M’Liss Bounds, firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
The Employment Chair retains editing privileges on all ads requested and placed on this website.
Legal Support Specialist-OGC (7382)
University of California Office of the President
Requisition Number: 20180161
Appointment Type: Staff – Career
Personnel Program: PSS-Uncovered
Work Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
Percentage of Time: 100
Organizational Area: Office of General Counsel
Location: Oakland, CA
Posting Salary: Grade 19–$67,400 to $79,050 Salary commensurate with education and experience.
The Legal Support Specialist provides legal administrative assistant support to attorneys and paralegals in the Office of the General Counsel. Receives general instructions from attorney/supervisor, attorneys, and paralegals. Exercises judgment and applies skills to fully analyze issues and problems. Gathers data and information for projects of moderate scope. Maintains calendars for assigned attorneys and ensures no scheduling conflicts; schedules and arranges high volume of meetings, conference calls, conferences, and travel. Drafts and edits correspondence, reports, presentations, forms and other legal documents including, pleadings, discovery, legal responses, notices, affidavits, correspondence, claims, complaints, reports and presentations using thorough knowledge of legal terminology, practices, forms and the legal system. Serves as a knowledge manager for data, correspondence, matter files, reports, and other documentation associated with legal matters handled by attorneys and paralegals. Works on moderate legal projects of diverse scope.
The Office of General Counsel (OGC) delivers ethical, timely, efficient and high quality legal services to the University of California ten campuses, five medical centers, and the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, as well as to the Board of Regents, the President, the Chancellors and other officers of the University. Its services include prosecuting and defending litigation, drafting and negotiating agreements, providing advice, counsel and interpretation of laws, regulations and policies, and assisting with development of effective compliance and risk mitigation strategies to facilitate the University’s complex operations.
Special Conditions of Employment:
Other Special Conditions of Employment:
Occasionally may need to work in excess of a standard work schedule.
Successful completion of a background check is required for this critical position.
Ability to meet deadlines for multiple deadline-oriented projects.
Ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Job Close Date:
Duty 1: Gathers, filters, synthesizes large quantities of client, matter and other information for action by attorneys and paralegals.
Builds and maintains contact with internal and external individuals at all organizational levels to gather information for matters.
Drafts, edits, and modifies documents including correspondence, pleadings, discovery, reports, agreements, presentations, spreadsheets, and proposals for review by attorneys and paralegals.
Maintains calendars for assigned attorneys and ensures no scheduling conflicts; schedules and arranges high volume of meetings, conference calls, conferences, and travel.
Prepares reports and/or analysis summarizing information on the assigned issues.
Compiles data, statistics and other information for meetings and presentations; develops presentation slides for attorneys and paralegals as requested.
On a project basis, handles a variety of legal process/policies, programs and issues.
Conducts legal or factual research of moderate scope, to include fact gathering and retrieval of information.
Assembles analytical and factual data on assigned problems and legal issues. May provide guidance to records staff on filing and retention of legal records in specific practice areas.
Serves as back-up legal support in the absence of assigned legal support staff.
Function:Legal Support Essential Tasks
Duty 2: Practices OGC’s established Values for Principles of Community: collaborative, supportive, respectful of differences, and committed to fairness and diversity in all interactions, both within and outside the team.
Supports OGC’s commitment to diversity efforts – participates in OGC’s Diversity Committee events, and complies with University efforts such as diversity awareness training.
Miscellaneous tasks as required.
Associate Degree or equivalent training/work experience and five or more years of progressively responsible journey-level legal administrative support experience within a legal department or law firm; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Demonstrated Legal Administrative Assistant skills.
Demonstrated high level of attention to detail and time management.
Proven ability to schedule meetings and conference calls with multiple parties and arrange travel.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff; both orally and in writing.
Demonstrated proficiency in computer software applications, including MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); Outlook for calendaring meetings, events, etc. Ability to learn and use other applications may be necessary, such as NetDocs, eCounsel.
Advanced level of knowledge of legal terminology.
Strong skills to research and problem-solve to obtain information or data from various sources and materials and organize with excellent attention to detail into a comprehensive package.
Demonstrated knowledge of filing and record tracking systems, both paper and electronic.
Ability to use high level of discretion and maintain all confidentiality.
Working knowledge of Legal process, protocols and procedures.
Ability to multi-task with demanding time frames in an interrupt-drive work environment.
Basic knowledge of Lexis-Nexis.
Working knowledge and experience with Business Transactions and Public Accountability.
Knowledge of UC processes, protocols and procedures.
Knowledge and experience with Administrative agencies processes, protocols and procedures.
Coursework towards a paralegal certificate.
Knowledge and experience with Litigation, Construction, Governance, Labor, Employment, Benefits, Legislative Affairs, Health Affairs, Technology, Intellectual Property, Laboratory Affairs, Land Use and Environment Health & Safety, Real Estate, Charitable Giving and Nonprofit Organizations is desirable.
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1220195
The University of California, one of the largest and most acclaimed institutions of higher learning in the world, is dedicated to excellence in teaching, research and public service. The University of California Office of the President is the corporate headquarters to the ten campuses, five medical centers and three Department of Energy National Labs and enrolls premier students from California, the nation and the world.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
A Family Law office is looking for a full time, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Legal Assistant/Paralegal to work with multiple attorneys and paralegals in our office. A minimum of 4 years of legal experience is required and experience in Family Law is a plus. Our office also does some Civil Law and Personal Injury. We are a very busy and fast paced office, we need a person who can jump right in.
Job duties and qualifications will include but are not limited to:
- Knowledge of Santa Clara County, San Mateo County, Santa Cruz County and Hayward County filing procedures and courthouses
- Daily calendar for court hearings, client meetings, and deadlines
- Preparation of legal forms, pleadings, and declarations
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and WordPerfect
- Experience with One Legal e-filing procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Daily e-mails and telephone calls with other attorneys, clients, and court staff
- Experience with Essential Forma and Interbill is a plus
Compensation based on experience.
Hopkins & Carley, a well-established law firm with offices in San Jose and Palo Alto, has an immediate opening for an experienced Legal Secretary in its Palo Alto office. Candidate must have experience supporting a Trusts and Estate Planning practice group. Candidate will work closely with clients, attorneys and paralegals to support the drafting and implementation of trusts, estate plans and related documents. This individual must be highly motivated, detail-oriented and project a positive attitude. Candidates will possess excellent organizational, written/verbal communication and time management skills. Ideal candidate should also have at least 3-5 years legal secretarial experience and advanced computer skills with MS Word, Legal MacPac and OpenText eDocs Document Management desired.
We offer competitive compensation/benefits and the opportunity to be part of a great team. Please forward your cover letter and resume to:
REGIONAL WATER MANAGEMENT FOUNDATION
a subsidiary of Community Foundation Santa Cruz County
This part-time position reports to the RWMF Program Director and is responsible for providing high level administrative, records management, and related support to staff, the Board of Directors, and our local agency partners. Duties includes a range of administrative support functions in performing responsible, confidential, and complex clerical work. Under general direction, work involves a degree of independent judgment requiring a thorough knowledge of programs, procedures and policies, the ability to interpret policies, and performing a variety of assignments. Duties include maintaining official documents and records, taking meeting minutes, and performing related work. This position works in close coordination with RWMF staff and our local agency partners.
Personal injury law firm seeking experienced Legal Assistant/Paralegal. Must be experienced in personal injury, litigation and court procedures. Must be bilingual, English and Spanish. Salary depends on experience. This is not an entry level position. Must have 7-10 years-experience. Advanced computer skills needed. Downtown location near light rail.
Please send cover letter with resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
We have an immediate opening for a full time Legal Secretary in our Silicon Valley Office (downtown San Jose). This position is non-exempt and reports to the firm’s Director of Human Resources and Executive Director.
This position will support our employment law team and provide overflow/back-up support to our other legal secretaries (primarily litigation) from time to time.
Required Skills, Education & Experience:
- High school education required; college degree or some college is desirable
- Three years in a secretarial support position, preferably in a legal environment
- Proficiency in keyboarding and working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent English spelling, vocabulary, punctuation, and grammar
- Knowledge of legal calendaring
- Keen organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage deadlines
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate both orally and in writing
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively
Hoge Fenton has a strong commitment to diversity. We strive to recruit and retain a work force that welcomes and supports the interests of people of any ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
To apply for any staff position, please email your resume to Susan Nave, Director of Human Resources. firstname.lastname@example.org
The Office of General Counsel (OGC) at Stanford has an immediate opening for a financial analyst and business manager reporting to the Vice President General Counsel to perform complex finance functions ranging from budgets, accruals, variance analyses, short-term and long-term projections, and identifying trends within various substantive areas covered by the OGC. The position is responsible for managing the annual accounting cycle of a $34 million consolidated budget and the development, implementation and management of complex financial systems that support OGC. This position’s responsibilities are focused on large-scale analysis of complex financial data; annual cycle activities; development and maintenance of technical infrastructure to support financial functions, policy and procedures; and special projects to support strategic financial decisions. This position also oversees business operations of the OGC including technical systems and software, client and law firm support, process improvement and special projects.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Perform highly analytical, complex finance functions; budget and forecasting scenarios; reconciliations and related analysis; short-range and long-range planning and analysis; perform root cause analysis, draw conclusions, and propose solutions; prepare or review and approve complex transactions and higher-level dollar value transactions; and respond to surveys within the legal industry.
- Develop complex financial reports and presentations, design and run ad hoc reports; and provide consultation to General Counsel to interpret results.
- Complete annual accounting cycle tasks including 9/1 budgeting, year-end close, mid-year & year-end variance analysis, supporting analysis for the budget group presentation, budget book submission, projection for faculty search round and multiple versions of the consolidated forecast.
- Research, and synthesize data for broad areas; develop complex financial analyses, budget and forecasting scenarios, long-range planning, and analyses. Perform root-cause analysis and synthesis, draw conclusions, and propose solutions.
- Prioritize, identify, and resolve strategic and unit/department issues; recognize exceptions, recommend and develop resolutions and implement solution. Ensure effective and efficient delivery and integration of all financial services for area of responsibility.
- Design an effective system of internal controls for area of responsibility utilizing strategic analysis of interrelationships of financial processes, policies, and procedures; implement and ensure compliance programs.
- Lead multiple complex, high-visibility process innovation projects. Develop, champion and implement strategic initiatives with significant impact. Empower action, remove obstacles, enable constructive feedback and support from General Counsel.
- Analyze problems in business critical systems, and identify risks, solutions, and strategies; act as business owner of project.
- Develop, assess, and continuously improve systems and processes to achieve greater efficiencies and improve internal workflow and controls.
- Work with law firms to negotiate engagement letters and business associate agreements, respond to requests for conflict waivers, negotiate rates and business arrangements with law firms and outside vendors, manage budgets, coordinate flow of financial information, review, approve and process invoices.
- Serve as point person to forward requests for legal services to the attorney most knowledgeable to provide assistance.
- Represent organization to client group(s) and leaders: serve as subject matter expert on matters that involve complex technical, financial, or subject matter expertise.
- Assess client and business needs, and formulate recommendations to determine approach to managing and completing processes.
- May supervise, train, coach, and review the work of other staff, as needed. Contribute primarily through applying individual expertise.
- Other duties, responsibilities and special projects as needed, e.g. annual retreat, client satisfaction survey, etc.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree and eight years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience; MBA preferred.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Expert proficiency in business applications, such as Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel
- Internet and computer literacy
- Advanced communication skills, including ability to prepare materials for and clearly and effectively communicate information to internal and external audiences, clients, and all levels of management
- Proficiency in legal entity management desired
The final candidate will need to successfully pass a background check to be considered for this position.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Stanford Career Site apply link: http://m.rfer.us/STANFORDwZH4t
Hopkins & Carley, a well-established Silicon Valley law firm with offices in downtown San Jose and in Palo Alto, has an immediate opening for a Legal Support Assistant in its Palo Alto office. The Legal Support Assistant is responsible for providing backup and overflow administrative assistance to Legal Secretaries, Paralegals, Attorneys and general office operations.
The successful candidate for this new role will be self-motivated, detail-oriented, energetic, and highly organized. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects are essential. Must be a quick learner, team player, have strong data entry and proofreading skills, and have the ability to work with confidential data and keep information confidential and private.
- Assist with producing high-quality documents (Word, Excel) and presentations (PowerPoint) under tight deadlines
- Prepare intake documents for incoming clients and matters
- Maintain contacts and calendars via Outlook
- Make photocopies and/or scan documents
- Schedule meetings, appointments, travel arrangements and seminars
- Organize and code paper and electronic files
- Notarize documents for clients
- Serve as a back-up receptionist as needed (answering and directing incoming calls and greeting, directing, and assisting clients and visitors)
- Assist when needed with other special projects and/or office events
- Run errands and perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, and be familiar with document management systems. Associate’s degree and at least one year of experience in an office environment is preferred. Bachelor’s degree and law firm experience a plus. We offer competitive compensation/benefits and the opportunity to be part of a great team.
Please send your cover letter and resume to:
Hopkins & Carley is an equal opportunity employer.