This free benefit offered by SCCoLPA provides the legal community with a place to post job openings for all categories of job positions. SCCoLPA assists in every possible manner to procure employment for members of this association and cooperates with attorneys in filling positions in law offices, but in no event does this committee act as an employment agency. Employers desiring/needing to place an advertisement for employment on SCCoLPA’s website may view the “Employment Opportunities” page on this website and format the advertisement like those already posted. Employers will also need to give the following information to the Employment Chair: name, firm name, address, phone number(s), areas of law practice, software used, position available, and years of experience required. The attorney/employer is requested to e-mail the Employment Chair with the advertisement formatted like those currently posted on the “Employment Opportunities” page. Advertisements for employment are usually posted as soon as possible. It is the responsibility of the applicants to contact the employers, schedule interviews, exchange resumes, and to discuss benefits and salary, etc. All information is listed until notification to drop the name/position is given to the Employment Chair.
Please contact the Employment Chair, Elena Schneider, CCLS, email@example.com for additional information.
The Employment Chair retains editing privileges on all ads requested and placed on this website.
The boutique and well-established law firm of Rad Law Group, A Professional Law Corporation seeks a self-motivated experienced Civil and/or Family Law Paralegal/Legal Assistant with at least three to five years’ experience to join our team at our San Jose office. The candidate’s background in Civil, Personal Injury, and Family Law experience is desirable. Experience in discovery drafting and responding, meet and confer letters and motions to compel is a plus.
This is a full-time position with a competitive compensation package.
The Litigation Paralegal Job Responsibilities Include:
- Communicate effectively and promptly with clients, opposing counsel, court personnel, and other legal professionals
- Trial preparation, exhibits, trial binders
- Organizing case files and maintaining case lists
- Drafting pleadings, motions, judicial council forms and other standard legal documents including all discovery documents
- Responding to discovery requests and managing as well as organizing all discovery materials
- Comply with established discovery processes and procedures
- Liaison with outside counsel for discovery, trial and deposition preparations
- Database research
- Knowledge of legal procedures and substantive areas of law, particularly in the discovery process in civil litigation
- Experience in handling highly confidential matters
- Ability to adhere to strict time deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products, Outlook and document management software
- Excellent time management skills, strong research and writing skills
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or successful completion of an ABA approved program or successful completion of certified paralegal is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; researching/problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask
Please submit resume in MS Word format, and a cover letter including desire salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and skills
Benefits Offered: Dental and Vision
Job Type: Full-time
Mini Job Description:
Stanford University Office of the General Counsel (OGC) and Stanford Management Company (SMC) are seeking qualified candidates to provide paralegal support to the OGC lawyers supporting the investment and operations teams at SMC. SMC is the fiduciary for the $30 billion Merged Pool. If this role matches your strengths and interests, learn more and apply today!
Link with full job description and apply link:
Deadline to Apply: 8/23/21
Trusts and Estates Litigation Legal Assistant in a deadline-driven, team-oriented environment.
Temmerman, Cilley & Kohlmann, LLP, a preeminent trust & estates firm with offices in Santa Clara and Contra Costa Counties, seeks a legal assistant to provide support to attorneys in planning and administration in our San Jose office. Responsibilities include:
- Transcription and/or drafting correspondence, pleadings, memos;
- Provide comprehensive administrative support;
- Initiate, draft, edit and finalize correspondence, reports and other materials as requested;
- Proofread all work including correspondence, memoranda, and other legal documents;
- Manage and coordinate daily calendar, including scheduling meetings, hearings;
- Calendar critical deadlines and meetings;
- Manage administrative duties including but not limited to arranging conference calls, meetings, maintaining paper and electronic files, as well as handling photocopying, scanning, and faxing;
- Establishing and maintaining calendar and deadline reminder systems, opening new files, maintaining all client and general files, preparing files to be closed;
- Interact with and respond to clients in a timely and professional manner, whether in person or through email or calls;
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently, shift focus, adapt to changing priorities, and maintain composure in high pressure situations.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, planning, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage highly confidential information with professionalism and discretion.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Familiarity with the following programs will be helpful: Microsoft suite, Word Perfect, Time Matters, and Timeslips.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.