This free benefit offered by SCCoLPA provides the legal community with a place to post job openings for all categories of job positions. SCCoLPA assists in every possible manner to procure employment for members of this association and cooperates with attorneys in filling positions in law offices, but in no event does this committee act as an employment agency. Employers desiring/needing to place an advertisement for employment on SCCoLPA’s website may view the “Employment Opportunities” page on this website and format the advertisement like those already posted. Employers will also need to give the following information to the Employment Chair: name, firm name, address, phone number(s), areas of law practice, software used, position available, and years of experience required. The attorney/employer is requested to e-mail the Employment Chair with the advertisement formatted like those currently posted on the “Employment Opportunities” page. Advertisements for employment are usually posted as soon as possible. It is the responsibility of the applicants to contact the employers, schedule interviews, exchange resumes, and to discuss benefits and salary, etc. All information is listed until notification to drop the name/position is given to the Employment Chair.
Please contact the Employment Chair, Elena Schneider, CCLS, firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
The Employment Chair retains editing privileges on all ads requested and placed on this website.
Boutique San Mateo Law Firm Looking for Part-Time Paralegal/Litigation Secretary
We are looking for a highly skilled and experienced litigation secretary or paralegal to be the backbone of our litigation team. You will be responsible for the coordination of all the details before, during and after trial. The successful candidate will be able to provide assistance during all phases of the litigation process including calendaring, legal research, discovery, and court filings.
Your typical duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Finalize pleadings and motions and file them with the court
- Coordinate client communication
- Perform administrative duties (calendar hearings and deadlines, organize case files, manage logistics etc)
- Maintain pleadings and discovery indexes
- Organize exhibits, documents, evidence, briefs and appendices
- Aid attorneys with interrogatories, depositions, and other discovery requests
- Gather relevant information from a variety of sources
- Conduit between attorneys and internal/external third parties
Education and Experience:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Paralegal Associates Degree or Legal Secretary Certificate from ABA accredited school preferred but not required
- 5+ years of litigation calendaring and court filing experience required
- Proven working experience as a litigation secretary or paralegal
- Applicable knowledge of motions, discovery, evidence, litigation documentation, court rules and procedures, practices, etc.
- Highly organized with ability to juggle multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong writing and communication skills along with attention to detail
- Extensive computer and database expertise (experience with Time Matters, Compulaw, and Worldox a plus)
- Respect for confidentiality and discretion
- Attention to detail
- Positive, upbeat attitude
- Patience in dealing with difficult clients
McDermott Will & Emery LLP is a leading international law firm with a diversified business practice representing commercial, industrial and financial enterprises both publicly and privately held. The Firm has a long history of social responsibility and supporting the communities in which our people live and work.
Paralegals in the Private Client Practice Group work closely with the Private Client attorneys, assisting in the preparation of court papers, tax returns and other documents related to estate and trust administration.
Please click here for a full description and to apply: McDermott Will & Emery Job Board
McManis Faulkner, a premier South Bay law firm seeks a litigation secretary with 5+ years of experience. Candidate must be familiar with litigation and trial procedures in state and federal courts, document management, calendaring, strong organizational skills, and be able to work under pressure in a team setting. Competitive salary and excellent benefits. Qualified candidates email your resume to email@example.com