This free benefit offered by SCCoLPA provides the legal community with a place to post job openings for all categories of job positions. SCCoLPA assists in every possible manner to procure employment for members of this association and cooperates with attorneys in filling positions in law offices, but in no event does this committee act as an employment agency. Employers desiring/needing to place an advertisement for employment on SCCoLPA’s website may view the “Employment Opportunities” page on this website and format the advertisement like those already posted. Employers will also need to give the following information to the Employment Chair: name, firm name, address, phone number(s), areas of law practice, software used, position available, and years of experience required. The attorney/employer is requested to e-mail the Employment Chair with the advertisement formatted like those currently posted on the “Employment Opportunities” page. Advertisements for employment are usually posted as soon as possible. It is the responsibility of the applicants to contact the employers, schedule interviews, exchange resumes, and to discuss benefits and salary, etc. All information is listed until notification to drop the name/position is given to the Employment Chair.
Please contact the Employment Chair, Elena Schneider, CCLS, email@example.com for additional information.
The Employment Chair retains editing privileges on all ads requested and placed on this website.
McManis Faulkner, a Silicon Valley trial law firm, seeks a full-time Legal Assistant with 2+ years of experience to join our team of dedicated professionals. The ideal candidate should have strong skills in litigation procedures and calendaring, as well as document management and e-discovery. Strong organizational skills and the ability to work in a team setting is also preferred.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits offered. The pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on skillset and experience is $80,000 – $100,000. This position is based in downtown San Jose; prefers the individual work onsite.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hoge Fenton is a multi-service law firm headquartered in Silicon Valley providing legal services in a broad range of areas of law. We are recruiting for a full-time Litigation Legal Secretary in both our San Jose AND Pleasanton offices. The primary responsibilities are to perform secretarial and administrative duties to support attorneys and paralegals across multiple practice groups, including preparing various legal documents such as briefs, motions, complaints and general correspondence.
- Creates, formats, proofreads, and edits drafts of documents including administrative
- correspondence and all forms of litigation documents.
- Schedules and reserves dates for hearings with California State and Federal Courts.
- Formats and prepares documents for filing, including Table of Contents and Table of Authorities,
- and files and serves legal documents in State, Federal, and Appellate Courts (knowledge of e-filing
- and e-service is required.)
- Maintains attorney calendars; schedules conferences and meetings; schedules, calculates, records
- and monitors court appearance dates and associated deadlines; calendars depositions and
- discovery deadlines.
- Invoice reviewing and processing
- Communicates with clients, courts, opposing counsel, and other parties by phone, electronically,
- and in writing
- Organize exhibits, documents, evidence, briefs and appendices
- Opens new matters promptly in accordance with firm policies and procedures
- Closes matters without delay in accordance with firm policies and procedures
- Maintains client and administrative files in accordance with firm policies and procedures
- Assists with other duties as assigned
- Backs up assigned team members
Education, Experience, Skills:
- High School education or equivalent required. Associates’ or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years in the legal secretarial field. Legal Secretary Certificate from ABA-accredited
- school preferred.
- 3+ years of litigation calendaring and court filing experience required. Familiarity with Probate and
- Real Estate litigation a plus.
- Applicable knowledge of motions, discovery, evidence, litigation documentation, court rules and
- procedures, practices, etc.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel required. Familiarity with NetDocs and ProLaw
- a plus
- Proficient in e-filing in State, Federal, and Appellate Courts
- Strong word processing skills, especially vis-à-vis litigation document formatting
- Proofreading skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and manage deadlines
- Ability to think critically and analytically in a pressured environment
- Ability to handle the workload for three or more attorneys and/or paralegals
- Works efficiently and effectively using the firm’s systems, software, and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interface with attorneys, clients, vendors,
- court personnel and other staff members
- Practices and fosters an atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation; ability to work productively
- and cooperatively with other employees
- Ability to constantly learn new skills as they become necessary
- Essentially a sedentary position
- May be required to travel to other work locations for meetings, document production and/or trial
- Normal effort of general office work typically including bending, moving and lifting up to 25
- pounds; working at computer terminals and telephones
Hoge Fenton has a strong commitment to diversity. We strive to recruit and retain a work force that welcomes and supports the interests of women, families, and people of any age, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, or military or veteran status. Our environment is collegial, collaborative, flexible, and supportive.
The hourly salary range for this position is $34.00 to $48.00. This salary range represents the firm’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. Actual compensation will depend upon a number of factors, including but not limited to, the candidate’s years of experience, qualifications, and skill set.
After an initial orientation and training period, requests for a one day a week remote work schedule will be considered.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary expectations to Heather Larrick, Executive Director, Hoge Fenton: email@example.com.