This free benefit offered by SCCoLPA provides the legal community with a place to post job openings for all categories of job positions. SCCoLPA assists in every possible manner to procure employment for members of this association and cooperates with attorneys in filling positions in law offices, but in no event does this committee act as an employment agency. Employers desiring/needing to place an advertisement for employment on SCCoLPA’s website may view the “Employment Opportunities” page on this website and format the advertisement like those already posted. Employers will also need to give the following information to the Employment Chair: name, firm name, address, phone number(s), areas of law practice, software used, position available, and years of experience required. The attorney/employer is requested to e-mail the Employment Chair with the advertisement formatted like those currently posted on the “Employment Opportunities” page. Advertisements for employment are usually posted as soon as possible. It is the responsibility of the applicants to contact the employers, schedule interviews, exchange resumes, and to discuss benefits and salary, etc. All information is listed until notification to drop the name/position is given to the Employment Chair.
Please contact the Employment Chair, Elena Schneider, CCLS, email@example.com for additional information.
The Employment Chair retains editing privileges on all ads requested and placed on this website.
Please see a new job listing using the link below.
Please contact Jeffrey Sacramento at TrustPoint.One if you have any questions or would like to apply.
San Francisco Openings: 1 Legal Assistant and 1 Paralegal
Menlo Park openings: 2 Paralegal positions
1) Paralegal with 6-months to 2 years of experience for its IP litigation practice. Position requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work on multiple concurrent projects calmly and confidently in a friendly, fast-paced team environment. Computer skills should include Microsoft Office Suite and basic document processing. Overtime will be required. Compensation: DOE.
2) IP/patent litigation paralegal with at least 5 years of experience. Position requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail, excellent communication skills and the ability to work on multiple concurrent projects calmly and confidently in a friendly, fast-paced team environment. Must be detail oriented and have good word-processing skills. Experience should include electronic court filing, motion practice, cite-checking (fact and legal), and familiarity with all aspects of discovery. Overtime will be required. Compensation: DOE.
Director, Global Deposition Solutions
EXPERIENCED LEGAL ASSISTANT – FULL-TIME POSITION
We have an immediate opening for a full time, experienced legal assistant in our Pleasanton office. This position is non-exempt and reports to the firm’s Director of Human Resources, and secondarily to the Executive Director.
This position will support attorneys in multiple practice areas, including both litigation and business transactions.
Required Skills, Education & Experience:
- High school education required; college degree or some college is desirable
- Three years in a legal secretarial support position
- Proficiency in keyboarding and Microsoft Office suite; proficiency in law firm systems software highly desirable
- Excellent English spelling, vocabulary, punctuation, and grammar
- Knowledge of legal calendaring, court requirements, and e-filing
- Keen organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage deadlines
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate both orally and in writing
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively
Hoge Fenton has a strong commitment to diversity. We strive to recruit and retain a work force that welcomes and supports the interests of people of any ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.
To apply for any staff position, please email your resume to Susan Nave, Director of Human Resources.
The San Francisco City Attorney’s Office has an opportunity for a legal assistant to join the Construction and Public Contracting Team. The Construction and Public Contracting team handles both advice and litigation matters. The current needs of this team heavily favor the litigation side of this practice, however, you will also be required to assist on the advice side. This position requires excellent verbal and writing skills, and an ability to work both independently and collaboratively across multiple legal teams. The candidate is expected to have the ability to analyze legal problems, and perform detailed analytical work with accuracy and initiative. The candidate will be a self-starter who is able to manage multiple tasks and deadlines, accept written and oral instructions, and communicate effectively and tactfully with attorneys, office personnel, court personnel, vendors, representatives of other governmental departments/entities, and the general public. The responsibilities listed below are representative of the range of duties assigned and are not intended as an exhaustive list.
- Implement document litigation holds across various City departments.
- Review and proof contracts, legislation, responsive pleadings, various discovery documents, subpoenas, legal memoranda and correspondence for accuracy.
- Assist with discovery, particularly electronic discovery including the review and production of documents obtained from litigants and City departments maintained in IPRO Eclipse; prepare privilege logs.
- Conduct database searches in IPRO Eclipse, Concordance, CaseMap and Text Map, and review documents within these programs for relevance, responsiveness and privilege.
- Assist in preparing various motions and ensuring that filings are accurate, properly formatted and filed in a timely manner, including filing electronically.
- Organize and prepare documents, exhibits, and other materials for discovery, hearings, and trials.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize work assignments from multiple attorneys.
- Draft and issue subpoenas.
- Maintain calendars for multiple attorneys.
- Assist with review and disclosure of documents requested under public records laws.
- Assist with other projects and duties as assigned.
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved program, or other significant work experience that satisfies the statutory requirements of Business & Professions Code Section 6450.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 1 – 2 years of litigation experience as a legal assistant or paralegal or 5+ years as a legal secretary providing proof of performing high level duties as described under Responsibilities section above.
- Working knowledge of legal procedures, legal terminology, and court rules.
- Adept in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Adobe Professional, TextMap, Concordance, Eclipse, CaseMap, and Trial Director, or other similar software.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Colleen Dietterle, Manager of Legal Support and Administrative Services, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Need Legal Secretary/Paralegal with trial preparation experience for assistance in wrongful death case set for trial 12-2-19 in Stockton. The case involves a Union Pacific RR crew running over a 22 year old walking the tracks. Work schedule is 1/2 day 4 days a week. Until several weeks before trial date which will turn into full time until conclusion of trial. Located near downtown San Jose at 25 N. 14th street.
Law Office of Richard J. Staskus
25 North 14th Street, Ste. 460
San Jose, CA 95112
Telephone: (408) 995-0800
Facsimile: (408) 294-8481