This free benefit offered by SCCoLPA provides the legal community with a place to post job openings for all categories of job positions. SCCoLPA assists in every possible manner to procure employment for members of this association and cooperates with attorneys in filling positions in law offices, but in no event does this committee act as an employment agency. Employers desiring/needing to place an advertisement for employment on SCCoLPA’s website may view the “Employment Opportunities” page on this website and format the advertisement like those already posted. Employers will also need to give the following information to the Employment Chair: name, firm name, address, phone number(s), areas of law practice, software used, position available, and years of experience required. The attorney/employer is requested to e-mail the Employment Chair with the advertisement formatted like those currently posted on the “Employment Opportunities” page. Advertisements for employment are usually posted as soon as possible. It is the responsibility of the applicants to contact the employers, schedule interviews, exchange resumes, and to discuss benefits and salary, etc. All information is listed until notification to drop the name/position is given to the Employment Chair.
Please contact the Employment Chair, Elena Schneider, CCLS, email@example.com for additional information.
The Employment Chair retains editing privileges on all ads requested and placed on this website.
The Office of the County Counsel provides legal services to the Board of Supervisors, elected officials and County departments and agencies. It consists of approximately 60 employees and is located in downtown Oakland at 12th and Oak Streets, near Highway 880 and BART.
Working a 37.5-hour week, you will be providing a wide range of civil legal secretary support in the areas of litigation and legal transactional matters. Duties include, but not limited to, civil legal document and correspondence preparation, calendaring, case/file management, court filings, and litigation activities. You will be part of a team working in a fast-paced environment.
- The equivalent of three years of full-time experience performing the duties of a legal stenographer or legal secretary for attorneys or judges in a civil legal environment that included preparation of documents such as pleadings, briefs, legal memoranda and opinions, and other papers containing extensive legal citations.
- Completion of one year of legal secretarial training curriculum in a recognized business college may substitute for one year of the required experience listed above.
- The successful candidate will have experience in: e-filing (state and federal courts); preparing documents such as pleadings, briefs, legal memoranda, opinions, and other documents containing extensive legal citations, as well as pre-trial and trial documents; and case/document management software; Extensive knowledge of civil legal terminology, forms and documents; legal calendaring, indexing and file maintenance, and court filing procedures.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A typing certificate with a net typing speed of 50 net words per minute must be submitted. The certificate must be dated within six (6) months of the last day of filing and can be scanned and attached to your on-line application (under the resume tab).
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- The salary range is $2,879.255 – $3,019.50 biweekly ($74,860.50 – $78,507.00 annually). Benefits include medical and dental insurance for employee and dependents, life insurance, vacation leave, sick leave, holidays, defined retirement plan and a deferred compensation plan as well as other benefits
The job announcement for Civil Legal Secretary, online application and supplemental questionnaire forms are available at
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
The deadline for filing your on-line application is Friday, September 11, 2020 at 5:00pm
Trusts and Estates Litigation Legal Assistant in a deadline-driven, teamoriented environment.
Temmerman, Cilley & Kohlmann, LLP, a preeminent trust & estates firm with offices in Santa Clara and Contra Costa Counties, seeks a legal assistant to provide support to attorneys in planning, administration and litigation in our San Jose and Danville office. Responsibilities include:
- Transcription and/or drafting correspondence, pleadings, memos;formatting briefs, motions; prepare pleadings and documents forfiling; working familiarity with local rules for Superior Court inCalifornia; trial preparation, including: formatting trial briefs, exhibitlists, witness list, motions in limine, table of contents and table ofauthorities; assembling trial binders; maintain client files.
- Provide comprehensive administrative support;
- Initiate, draft, edit and finalize correspondence, reports and othermaterials as requested;
- Proofreading all work including correspondence, memoranda, andother legal documents;
- Manage and coordinate daily calendar, including schedulingmeetings, hearings;
- Calendar critical deadlines and meetings;
- Manage administrative duties including but not limited to arrangingconference calls, meetings, maintaining paper and electronic files, aswell as handling photocopying, scanning, and faxing;
- Establishing and maintaining calendar and deadline remindersystems, opening new files, maintaining all client and general files,preparing files to be closed;
- Interact with and respond to clients in a timely and professionalmanner, whether in person or through email or calls;
- Ability to keep track of time worked for cost recovery.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently, shift focus, adapt to changingpriorities, and maintain composure in high pressure situations.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, planning, verbal and writtencommunication skills.
- Ability to manage highly confidential information withprofessionalism and discretion.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Familiarity with the following programs will be helpful: Microsoft suite, Word Perfect, Time Matters, and Timeslips. Please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.