This free benefit offered by SCCoLPA provides the legal community with a place to post job openings for all categories of job positions. SCCoLPA assists in every possible manner to procure employment for members of this association and cooperates with attorneys in filling positions in law offices, but in no event does this committee act as an employment agency. Employers desiring/needing to place an advertisement for employment on SCCoLPA’s website may view the “Employment Opportunities” page on this website and format the advertisement like those already posted. Employers will also need to give the following information to the Employment Chair: name, firm name, address, phone number(s), areas of law practice, software used, position available, and years of experience required. The attorney/employer is requested to e-mail the Employment Chair with the advertisement formatted like those currently posted on the “Employment Opportunities” page. Advertisements for employment are usually posted as soon as possible. It is the responsibility of the applicants to contact the employers, schedule interviews, exchange resumes, and to discuss benefits and salary, etc. All information is listed until notification to drop the name/position is given to the Employment Chair.
Please contact the Employment Chair, Elena Schneider, CCLS, email@example.com for additional information.
The Employment Chair retains editing privileges on all ads requested and placed on this website.
At Haynes and Boone, our people are the driving force behind our success. Because we value the role every individual plays in how we deliver exceptional legal services, we hire people who will contribute to our professional reputation, enhance client relationships and share in our success.
The Palo Alto office of Haynes and Boone, LLP is searching for an accomplished and team-oriented Patent Prosecution Paralegal with foreign filing experience.
If you thrive in a fast-paced prosecution team, where you are working with multiple clients and attorneys, and if you are technology savvy, a self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills, we would enjoy hearing from you. The Paralegal will assist the attorneys and patent agents in all aspects of patent prosecution work with a primary focus on filing with PCT and working with foreign associates.
We have a team-oriented office culture. With the growth of our Northern California offices, there was never a better time to join the Haynesboone family and be part of the Palo Alto Intellectual Property team. Come join us.
- Communicate and coordinate with foreign counsel for all filings.
- Prepare and file Information Disclosure Statements (IDS).
- Ensure responses are correctly completed in a timely manner.
- Handle filings with USPTO via e-filing (EFS web), WIPO, and some EPO
- Maintain client correspondence.
- Report to client.
- Coordinate IDS preparation and tracking of references.
- Review the Notice of Allowance prior to payment of issue fees.
- Assist in preparation of formal documents, certificates of correction and corrected filing receipts.
- File individual actions as needed.
- Report to client.
Docketing and Portfolio Intake
- Communicate with our docketing team to ensure individual attorney dockets are updated.
- Participate in the processing of client intakes and transfer-out projects.
- Prepare status reports and other client-requested reports/tasks.
- Assist in the performance of prior art searches and reports related to due diligence and clearance studies.
- Must be able to handle special projects as requested. Must be willing to assist other team members as needed. Perform other related duties as needed or assigned.
The IP Paralegal reports directly to the Office Administrator and supports the assigned attorneys in the practice area.
The IP Paralegal must have a minimum of three years of proven progressive patent prosecution experience. Must be knowledgeable in USPTO and foreign filing processes and PCT. Should possess the ability to manage a multitude of tasks simultaneously in an organized manner, to work independently with minimal supervision and to accurately record billable and non-billable time.
The IP Paralegal must possess strong verbal and written communication skills including grammar, spelling and punctuation. Must be able to demonstrate these skills at all levels in the firm. Must have the ability to conduct legal research and translate difficult concepts into simple terms. Strong computer/technical proficiency is a must with an intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. The individual must possess skills support remote work including instant messaging, remote meeting skills (Webex), strong phone etiquette, attention to detail and follow through skills. Must have strong client-service skills, ability to be flexible and work effectively as part of a team.
The IP Paralegal must have a paralegal certification from an ABA approved school or bachelor’s degree in a field related to law, administration or liberal arts.
Must be able to move around the office up to 15% of the time to make copies, fax, file, etc. Remains stationary at least 85% of the time. This position constantly operates, computers and other office productivity machines (e.g., fax machine, copier, printer, etc.). Occasionally required to move documents or files weighing up to 15 lbs. This position requires constant communication and exchange of information with the Firm attorneys, clients and staff. This position must be able to inspect and observe information on a computer screen at least 80% of the time.
Office Environment. Work across offices spanning different time zones. Able to work overtime.
Please click here to apply: Haynes Boone
Hoover Krepelka, LLP is looking for a family law legal administrative assistant to join our cohesive team of legal professionals.
* Prepare and process court filings, serves, ex partes.
* Trial Calendaring
* Arrange meetings, hearings and depositions
* Client and expert contact and correspondence
* Maintain client documents in physical and electronic files
* High attention to detail and full circle follow through
* 1-3 years experience in a Family Law firm (other law firm experience will be considered)
* Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, and Excel
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Professional appearance and demeanor
* Knowledge of Family Law local rules, forms, and procedures
If you would like to be a part of our professional, fun, dynamic team, please reply to this link: Craig’s List ad, with a resume and cover letter.
Palo Alto sole practitioner Jeffrey A. Baruh, Baruh Law PC, seeks an experienced litigation secretary for part-time work; 15 – 20 hours week divided over 3 days (e.g., Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday).
Must have at least 7 years of civil litigation experience. Baruh Law represents clients [both plaintiffs and defendants] in a broad range of cases, many complex, predominantly in state court, but some federal court matters, occasional appeals (two currently pending), and lots of mediations and arbitrations. Transcribing dictation and proficiency formatting final drafts of pleadings, motions, briefs, etc. for filing and with e-filings and preparation of TOC/TOA essential.
Litigation Legal Secretary Responsibilities Include
• Preparing, revising, and formatting legal documents
• Managing attorney schedule and calendar
• Knowledge of state and federal court deadlines
• Proficiency with Court Rules regarding format, filings, service
• 7+ years of experience as a litigation legal secretary
• Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel and Outlook
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
Successful candidates for the litigation secretary role must be professional and courteous with a positive can-do attitude. Someone who is able to work with minimal guidance would be a good fit for this role. Strong proofreading, communication and writing skills are preferred.
Competitive hourly fee negotiable
Please submit resumes in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate and confidential consideration.
Hoge Fenton is a multi-service law firm headquartered in Silicon Valley providing legal services in a broad range of areas of law. We are recruiting for a full-time litigation legal secretary. This is a remote position until we have returned to the office, at which time this position can be located in our San Jose or Pleasanton office. The primary responsibilities are to perform secretarial and administrative duties to support attorneys and paralegals, including preparing various legal documents such as briefs, motions, complaints and general correspondence.
- Creates, formats, proofreads, and edits drafts of documents including administrative correspondence and all forms of litigation
- Schedules and reserves dates for hearings with California State and Federal
- Formats and prepares documents for filing, including Table of Contents and Table of Authorities, and files and serves legal documents in State, Federal, and Appellate Courts (knowledge of e-filing and e-service is are )
- Maintains attorney calendars; schedules conferences and meetings; schedules, calculates, records and monitors court appearance dates and associated deadlines; calendars depositions and discovery
- Invoice reviewing and processing
- Responsible for profiling documents into ProLaw (document management system)
- Communicates with clients, courts, opposing counsel, and other parties by phone, or electronically, and in writing
- Organize exhibits, documents, evidence, briefs and appendices
- Opens new matters promptly in accordance with firm policies and procedures
- Closes matters without delay in accordance with firm policies and procedures
- Maintains client and administrative files in accordance with firm policies and procedures
- Assists with other duties as assigned
- Backs up assigned team members
Education, Experience, Skills:
- High School education or equivalent required. Associates’ or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of three years in the legal secretarial field. Legal Secretary Certificate from ABA accredited school preferred
- 3+ years of litigation calendaring and court filing experience required
- Applicable knowledge of motions, discovery, evidence, litigation documentation, court rules and procedures, practices,
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Familiarity with legal calendaring and related concepts
- Proficient in e-filing in State, Federal, and Appellate Courts
- Strong word processing skills, especially vis-à-vis litigation document formatting
- Proofreading skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and manage deadlines
- Ability to think critically and analytically in a pressured environment
- Ability to handle the workload for three or more attorneys and/or paralegals
- Works efficiently and effectively using the firm’s systems, software, and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interface with attorneys, clients, vendors, court personnel and other staff members
- Practices and fosters an atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation; ability to work productively and cooperatively with other employees
- Ability to constantly learn new skills as they become necessary
- Essentially a sedentary position
- May be required to travel to other work locations for meetings, document production and/or trial
- Normal effort of general office work typically including bending, moving and lifting up to 25 pounds; working at computer terminals and telephones
Hoge Fenton has a strong commitment to diversity. We strive to recruit and retain a work force that welcomes and supports the interests of women, families, and people of any age, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, or military or veteran status. Our environment is collegial, collaborative, flexible, and supportive.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary expectation to email@example.com
McManis Faulkner, a Premier South Bay law firm, seeks a Full Time Paralegal with 3+ years of experience to join our team of dedicated professionals. The ideal candidate will be familiar with litigation procedures in state and federal courts, document management, e-discovery, calendaring, strong trial and organizational skills. Competitive salary and excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k and paid parking. Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cadence is a leading provider of system design tools, software, IP, and services. We take pride in our collaborative and high-performance culture, and we are looking for an experienced Paralegal to join our team. The Paralegal will be an essential member of the Litigation, Employment & Compliance team, and be a key liaison to other cross-functional teams.
This position is ideal for someone with a litigation and employment background who is detail-oriented, practical, collaborative, and enthusiastic about learning.
- Support the department on Litigation, Employment, and Compliance matters, including ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) and compliance training
- Support global litigation, pre-litigation, investigation, and employment matters – including document collection and review, subpoena responses, and related systems
- Draft and revise correspondence, presentations, reports, policies, agreements, and other employment-related documents
- In partnership with other department members, research and maintain legal requirements and related processes for compliance training, COVID safety protocols, and other litigation, employment, and compliance topics
- Support processes relating to hire and exit
- Engage in cross-functional special projects
- BS/BA and 4-6 years of paralegal or related experience in a corporate Legal department, law firm, or related field, including significant litigation experience
- Superior organizational and project management skills
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to research legal and business issues and learn new concepts quickly
- Takes initiative and can handle multiple and varied projects simultaneously to completion
- Ability to be discreet and handle confidential matters appropriately
- Positive and team-oriented attitude
- Significant work in employment law or HR environment
- Prior work with technology companies
We invite you to see what it’s like to work with a dynamic legal team in a company with a high-performance culture recognized as a Great Place to Work around the world, including as one of the Fortune“100 Best Companies to Work For” over the last six years.
Please click this link to apply: click here