This free benefit offered by SCCoLPA provides the legal community with a place to post job openings for all categories of job positions. SCCoLPA assists in every possible manner to procure employment for members of this association and cooperates with attorneys in filling positions in law offices, but in no event does this committee act as an employment agency. Employers desiring/needing to place an advertisement for employment on SCCoLPA’s website may view the “Employment Opportunities” page on this website and format the advertisement like those already posted. Employers will also need to give the following information to the Employment Chair: name, firm name, address, phone number(s), areas of law practice, software used, position available, and years of experience required. The attorney/employer is requested to e-mail the Employment Chair with the advertisement formatted like those currently posted on the “Employment Opportunities” page. Advertisements for employment are usually posted as soon as possible. It is the responsibility of the applicants to contact the employers, schedule interviews, exchange resumes, and to discuss benefits and salary, etc. All information is listed until notification to drop the name/position is given to the Employment Chair.
Please contact the Employment Chair, Elena Schneider, CCLS, email@example.com for additional information.
The Employment Chair retains editing privileges on all ads requested and placed on this website.
San Francisco City Attorney’s Office
San Francisco City Attorney’s Office
Law office seeks to immediately hire a Paralegal or Legal Assistant for our growing business and estate planning practice. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a law office, preferably in the areas of business, estate planning and probate. Experience in tax law and litigation are also beneficial.
Applicant must be reliable and dependable, possess excellent writing skills, be able to multi-task and be detail-oriented. Applicant must also be able to review own work for errors, must be able to complete tasks without micro-management and have a professional appearance, demeanor and attitude.
HOURS AND COMPENSATION:
We are willing to consider part time, full time and contract workers for this position. Compensation depends on experience.
Please email resume firstname.lastname@example.org
The Office of the County Counsel provides legal services to the Board of Supervisors, elected officials and County departments and agencies. It consists of approximately 60 employees and is located in downtown Oakland at 12th and Oak Streets, near Highway 880 and BART.
Working a 37.5-hour week, you will be providing a wide range of civil legal secretary support activities in the areas of litigation and legal transactional matters. Duties include, but not limited to, civil legal document and correspondence preparation, calendaring, case/file management, court filings, and litigation activities. You will be part of a team working in a fast-paced environment.
- The equivalent of three years of full-time experience performing the duties of a legal stenographer or legal secretary for attorneys or judges in a civil legal environment that included preparation of documents such as pleadings, briefs, legal memoranda and opinions, and other papers containing extensive legal citations.
- Completion of one year of legal secretarial training curriculum in a recognized business college may substitute for one year of the required experience listed above.
- The successful candidate will have experience in: e-filing (state and federal courts); preparing documents such as pleadings, briefs, legal memoranda, opinions, and other documents containing extensive legal citations, as well as pre-trial and trial documents; and case/document management software; Extensive knowledge of civil legal terminology, forms and documents; legal calendaring, indexing and file maintenance, and court filing procedures.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A typing certificate with a net typing speed of 50 net words per minute must be submitted. The certificate must be dated within six (6) months of the last day of filing and can be scanned and attached to your on-line application (under the resume tab).
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- The salary range is $2,781.75 – $2,917.50 biweekly ($72,325.50 – $75,855.00 annually). Benefits include medical and dental insurance for employee and dependents, life insurance, vacation leave, sick leave, holidays, defined retirement plan and a deferred compensation plan as well as other benefits
The job announcement for Civil Legal Secretary, online application and supplemental questionnaire forms are available at https://jobapscloud.com/Alameda/sup/bulpreview.asp?R1=19&R2=1242&R3=01
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
The deadline for filing your on-line application is Wednesday, August 28, 2019 at 5:00pm
This position, Administrative Research Coordinator is well suited to a person with experience as a paralegal in the areas of securities litigation or corporate law, or with similar levels of knowledge and training. The ideal candidate will have strong research and presentation skills, be able to conduct research projects without close supervision, take pride in his or her accomplishments, and have excellent attention to detail. Relevant skills include proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel, and word processing applications, together with knowledge of legal research tools such as Lexis and Westlaw, or the willingness to learn these research tools. The ideal candidate will also be knowledgeable about, or willing to master, the SEC’s online EDGAR database and related legal and financial databases. The ability to maintain and create video files that will be used for teaching and executive education, as well as graphics experience, is desirable but not essential. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with senior corporate executives and government officials are also valuable. You will support teaching and researching agendas, including the construction and maintenance of novel databases related to domestic and international litigation matters, support the Law School’s executive education program, and support courses related to the operation of financial markets. The successful candidate will also maintain a full range of administrative and research duties, and is expected to work collaboratively with many departments within the Law School and externally to achieve a broad range of programmatic and academic goals. This position is part of the Faculty Support Team and reports to the Director of Faculty Support Services.
- Research articles, topics, and case law using various internet search engines and research databases; conduct research on and help prepare presentations relating to topical developments in financial markets and in the regulatory environment.
- Assist with preparation of course materials and handouts, including class readings and announcements in Canvas or class related projects; coordinate logistics for class speakers or visitors.
- Research, prepare and record copyright permission requests for course materials through Copyright Clearance Center or SIPX.
- Support and maintain teaching materials, including video files; extensive editing of presentations, articles, and manuscripts.
- Support the operation of a range of executive education programs, such as Directors’ College as needed.
- Liaison to judiciary, academics, law firms, the media, and government officials.
- Coordinate complex travel arrangements, both domestic and international, prepare itineraries, and obtain visas and other travel documentation needed in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Coordinate assignments for student research assistants and schedule student meetings.
- Oversee and/or process a variety of complex financial transactions (process invoices and reimbursements, including pcard and travel card transactions); produce, monitor, and reconcile budget statements; research, identify, and resolve discrepancies. May assist with capital or special equipment requests and/or vendor selection.
- Develop close working relationships with all law school departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
High school diploma and four years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience. 3-5 years of research or administrative experience in a corporate or academic setting and a bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications. This includes being able to use the advanced format features and complex mathematical functions in Word and Excel.
- Must have or be willing to promptly acquire, knowledge of computer-based research programs such as Lexis or Westlaw. Will be expected to gain working knowledge of Stanford systems, including Oracle, if not already proficient.
- Must be able to establish priorities and handle multiple time-sensitive projects.
- Must have exceptional organizational skills as well as excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to gather, process, analyze and report information. Must be a creative problem solver.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects and exhibit strong attention to detail.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
- Proven record of dependability and strong commitment to professional development.
Stanford Law School seeks to hire the best talent and to promote a safe and secure environment for all members of the university community and its property. To that end, new staff hires must successfully pass a background check prior to starting work at Stanford University.
* – Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
To apply for this position please visit, http://m.rfer.us/STANFORDtc_7ma
(Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to the job posting referenced.)