This free benefit offered by SCCoLPA provides the legal community with a place to post job openings for all categories of job positions. SCCoLPA assists in every possible manner to procure employment for members of this association and cooperates with attorneys in filling positions in law offices, but in no event does this committee act as an employment agency. Employers desiring/needing to place an advertisement for employment on SCCoLPA’s website may view the “Employment Opportunities” page on this website and format the advertisement like those already posted. Employers will also need to give the following information to the Employment Chair: name, firm name, address, phone number(s), areas of law practice, software used, position available, and years of experience required. The attorney/employer is requested to e-mail the Employment Chair with the advertisement formatted like those currently posted on the “Employment Opportunities” page. Advertisements for employment are usually posted as soon as possible. It is the responsibility of the applicants to contact the employers, schedule interviews, exchange resumes, and to discuss benefits and salary, etc. All information is listed until notification to drop the name/position is given to the Employment Chair.
Please contact the Employment Chair, Elena K. Schneider, CCLS firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
The Employment Chair retains editing privileges on all ads requested and placed on this website.
Firm Name: HOGE FENTON
Location: 60 South Market Street, Suite 1400, San Jose, CA 95113
Hoge Fenton has an immediate opening for a full-time family law assistant/paralegal. This position supports our family law practice exclusively, and will overlap and train with a highly skilled and experienced paralegal who will be transitioning into retirement. This is an outstanding opportunity for someone who is dedicated, wants to learn, and can work well in a team environment with another assistant, several associates, and several partners (State Bar Certified Family Law Specialists).
The position is based primarily in San Jose, although travel to our Pleasanton office may be necessary on rare occasion.
Hoge Fenton has a strong commitment to diversity. We strive to recruit and retain a work force that welcomes and supports the interests of women, families, and people of any age, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or gender identity/gender expression, disability, or military or veteran status.
Qualifications: The successful candidate:
- Must qualify as a paralegal under Bus. & Prof. Code sections 6450, et seq.
- Ideally, has family law litigation experience (or, if no family law experience, then strong litigation experience)
- Is mature, confident, collaborative, and a team player: cultural fit is very important
- Must be detail oriented and possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Has a commitment to excellence and client service
- Has a strong work ethic
- Is looking for a place to learn, grow and build with a talented team of professionals
How to Apply: Please forward your resume and a cover letter or email to Grace Carr Lee, Executive Director
McManis Faulkner, a premier South Bay law firm seeks a litigation secretary with 5+ years of experience. Candidate must be familiar with litigation and trial procedures in state and federal courts, document management, calendaring, strong organizational skills, and be able to work under pressure in a team setting. Competitive salary and excellent benefits. Qualified candidates email your resume to email@example.com
• A leader in global investment management with 70 years of providing successful investment solutions
• Headquartered on the center of the Peninsula, with 50+ global offices
• This organization dedicates itself to their mission of placing clients first, relationship building, and working with integrity
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
• Generous employee stock investment plan, personal financial planning sessions, commuter benefits and tuition assistance
• Professional growth is encouraged and our client will work closely with you to achieve your personal performance objectives
• Known for the longevity of their employees, ensuring a long-term fit
• 3 weeks’ vacation offered for the first year of employment!
• Work life balance
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
• The Opportunity to draft and file form ADVs with the SEC, create procedures and practice notes and respond to questions posed to the form ADV mailbox.
• The chance to support alternative investment products such as fund formation, Cayman Island registration, corporate governance, board support, and drafting of resolutions.
• You will file and support CFTC filings and perform maintenance of the CTA compliance process.
• Bachelors degree or equivalent
• 4+ years of as a corporate paralegal or compliance analyst
• 3 years of experience with regulatory filings or other corporate paralegal experience
• Experience working with public companies highly desirable.
ABOUT ABA SEARCH:
ABA was just ranked one of the best professional recruiting firms in the country by Forbes and #5 in the Bay Area. At ABA Search, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We’re positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We love to learn, and we continuously seek new ways to deepen our expertise. We’re energized by the legal industry, passionate about staffing, and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That’s what makes us “the name to know in recruitment.” You can also find additional job postings by going to this link.
ABA Search Inc.
1250 Bayhill Drive, Suite 360
San Bruno, CA 94066
The Palo Alto office of Baker Botts is seeking a highly motivated Legal Secretary for the Corporate Department. Under general supervision of the assigned lawyers and Office Administrator, the legal secretary will provide secretarial and clerical assistance to attorneys. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with excellent benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Compiling and organizing minute books, closing binders, and corporate organizational documents.
• Managing corporate filings with the Secretary of State by coordinating with various vendors such as CT Corporation or CSC (Corporate Service Company).
• Preparing engagement letters, boiler-plate agreements, shareholder mailings, closing documents, signature checklists, and stock certificates.
• Working with the Accounting Department to resolve billing problems and efficiently process final billing statements and letters.
• Making domestic/international travel arrangements, including air transportation, automobile rentals and hotel reservations. Timely preparation and submittal of proper expense reports.
• Submitting accurately completed paperwork to various firm departments, including conflicts and new business intake.
• Coordinating timekeepers’ calendar and reminding of various meetings, appointments, events, etc.
• Scheduling meetings, arranging for conference rooms and requesting conference room service for meals and beverages.
• Duplicating documents, papers and other materials as needed.
• Proofreading, editing, red-lining large documents.
Other duties and responsibilities:
• Opens new files and requests conflict checks.
• Processes bills for designated billing lawyers.
• Prepares expense reports and check requests.
• Additional duties appropriate to the specific Department and lawyers to whom assigned.
• Additional duties as assigned by paralegals, Partner in Charge or Office Administrator.
• High School Diploma required; Some college and/or PLS Certification desirable
• At least three years of related office experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
• Candidates must possess strong secretarial skills including typing, proofreading, spelling, and grammar.
• Knowledge of Windows 2010 system and proficiency in using Microsoft Suite of Applications. Previous experience with FileSite/I-Manage, Elite, and LegalKey is beneficial.
• Ability to work independently or as a team.
• Knowledge of terminology and procedures.
• Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports.
• Strong organizational and records management skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively and with tact and diplomacy, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of all information.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Advanced computer and software application skills.
• Ability to proofread typed material for grammatical, typographical or spelling errors.
• Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time restraints.
Empire Law Offices, a premier law firm in San Jose, CA is currently seeking a Legal
Assistant. The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Legal
Assistant, be fluent in both Vietnamese and English, and have strong interpersonal and
people skills. Experience in Immigration Law, Family Law, Civil Litigation, and Estate
Planning is a plus. Candidates should also be enthusiastic about law, willing to go beyond
what is required, have a strong work ethic and sufficient computer skills with MS Word,
Excel, and Google Calendars.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hopkins & Carley, a well-established law firm with offices in San Jose and Palo Alto, is currently seeking a Litigation Legal secretary in its downtown San Jose office. The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 5 years experience as a Litigation Secretary, strong knowledge of both federal and state court rules and calendaring experience (state and federal e-filing experience required). Candidate must also be detail-oriented, have strong organizational and interpersonal skills, be able to work as part of a team, and must have the ability to prioritize work effectively and work under the pressure of deadlines. The candidate should also have advanced computer skills with MS Word and Legal MacPac experience. OpenText eDOCS Document Management and CompuLaw court calendaring experience a plus.
We offer competitive compensation/benefits and the opportunity to be part of a great team.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to: HR@hopkinscarley.com
Mills Legal Clinic of Stanford Law School seeks a full-time Legal Assistant to support the work of two clinical programs: the Criminal Defense Clinic and the Religious Liberty Clinic. The mission of all of the clinics within the MLC is to provide law students with the practical experience of working with real clients on real cases under the supervision of clinical faculty while offering superb pro bono representation to underserved individuals, communities, and nonprofit organizations. The Legal Assistant will have substantial administrative responsibilities in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. Applicants should have significant experience supporting litigation, preferably in both state and federal courts, and enjoy both team and independent work. Primary qualifications include knowledge of how to research legal codes, court procedures and rules; ability to prepare, serve, and file legal pleadings both in hard copy and electronically; strong organizational skills and attention to detail; and ability to work with multiple supervisors and interact well with a variety of personalities. Stanford University offers a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options as well as a large array of work-life benefits including commute club incentives, wellness programs, health improvement classes and more. For additional details on the position and to learn how to apply, visit https://stanfordcareers.stanford.edu/job-search?jobId=75649
Legal Support Specialist-OGC (7382)
University of California Office of the President
Requisition Number: 20170314
Appointment Type: Staff – Career
Personnel Program: PSS-Uncovered
Work Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
Percentage of Time: 100
Organizational Area: Office of General Counsel
Location: Oakland, CA
Posting Salary: $44,200 – $90,700
The Office of the General Counsel seeks two Legal Support Specialists.
The Legal Support Specialist provides legal administrative assistant support to attorneys and paralegals in the Office of the General Counsel. Receives general instructions from attorney supervisor, attorneys, and paralegals. Exercises judgment and applies skills to fully analyze issues and problems. Gathers data and information for projects of moderate scope. Maintains calendars for assigned attorneys and ensures no scheduling conflicts; schedules and arranges high volume of meetings, conference calls, conferences, and travel. Drafts and edits correspondence, reports, presentations, forms and other legal documents including, pleadings, discovery, legal responses, notices, affidavits, correspondence, claims, complaints, reports and presentations using thorough knowledge of legal terminology, practices, forms and the legal system. Serves as a knowledge manager for data, correspondence, matter files, reports, and other documentation associated with legal matters handled by attorneys and paralegals. Works on moderate legal projects of diverse scope.
The Office of General Counsel (OGC) delivers ethical, timely, efficient and high quality legal services to the University of California ten campuses, five medical centers, and the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, as well as to the Board of Regents, the President, the Chancellors and other officers of the University. Its services include prosecuting and defending litigation, drafting and negotiating agreements, providing advice, counsel and interpretation of laws, regulations and policies, and assisting with development of effective compliance and risk mitigation strategies to facilitate the University’s complex operations.
Special Conditions of Employment:
Other Special Conditions of Employment:
Work beyond normal office hours may be required on occasion.
Ability to meet multiple deadline-oriented projects. Lift up to 10 pounds.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check for this critical position.
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1035933
The University of California, one of the largest and most acclaimed institutions of higher learning in the world, is dedicated to excellence in teaching, research and public service. The University of California Office of the President is the corporate headquarters to the ten campuses, five medical centers and three Department of Energy National Labs and enrolls premier students from California, the nation and the world.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.