This free benefit offered by SCCoLPA provides the legal community with a place to post job openings for all categories of job positions. SCCoLPA assists in every possible manner to procure employment for members of this association and cooperates with attorneys in filling positions in law offices, but in no event does this committee act as an employment agency. Employers desiring/needing to place an advertisement for employment on SCCoLPA’s website may view the “Employment Opportunities” page on this website and format the advertisement like those already posted. Employers will also need to give the following information to the Employment Chair: name, firm name, address, phone number(s), areas of law practice, software used, position available, and years of experience required. The attorney/employer is requested to e-mail the Employment Chair with the advertisement formatted like those currently posted on the “Employment Opportunities” page. Advertisements for employment are usually posted as soon as possible. It is the responsibility of the applicants to contact the employers, schedule interviews, exchange resumes, and to discuss benefits and salary, etc. All information is listed until notification to drop the name/position is given to the Employment Chair.
Please contact the Employment Chair, Elena Schneider, CCLS, firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
The Employment Chair retains editing privileges on all ads requested and placed on this website.
Hoge Fenton is a multi-service law firm headquartered in Silicon Valley providing legal services in a broad range of areas of law. We are recruiting for a full-time Corporate/Real Estate legal secretary. This position is located in our San Jose office. Please note that Hoge Fenton requires that all employees who physically enter the workplace be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. In the event of a legal exemption from vaccination, reasonable accommodation will be considered. The primary responsibility is to perform secretarial duties for attorneys and paralegals in the corporate/real estate group utilizing firm equipment (including a computer, telephones, and scanners/copiers) and licensed software.
Hoge Fenton is a multi-service law firm headquartered in Silicon Valley providing legal services in a broad range of areas of law. We are recruiting for a full-time Trusts & Estates Paralegal. This position will be located in our San Mateo office. Please note that Hoge Fenton requires that all employees who physically enter the workplace be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. In the event of a legal exemption from vaccination, reasonable accommodation will be considered. The primary responsibilities are, under Attorney supervision, support the firm’s Trusts and Estates Practice Group, its Tax Law Group and others in the firm on estate planning, trust administration, probate, conservatorships, corporations, and elder law probate litigation.
Job Title: Legal Secretary
Location Silicon Valley Office, 333 W. San Carlos St., Suite 1625, San Jose, CA
Recruiting Email Address: Sonya.email@example.com
The legal secretary will work with multiple attorneys providing a full range of support, including, but not limited to, preparation/revision of correspondence, pleadings and documents for filing with state and federal courts and agencies; calendar maintenance and travel arrangements; and paper and electronic filing. Our best legal secretaries are creative, work well independently and add value to our overall organization. Our ideal candidate is an organized, detail-oriented team player possessing at least 3 years recent litigation secretary experience (including electronic court filing) who demonstrates their knowledge and expertise by engaging in and supporting our work with our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage in the work of the attorneys by demonstrating knowledge and status of current cases and projects, utilizing available resources.
- Handle a wide variety of complex and confidential time-sensitive material.
- Prepare/revise correspondence, pleadings, documents and other clerical assignments as directed (including proofreading).
- Provide support to up to four attorneys in employment litigation, affirmative action, class action and other related matters and backup support as needed.
- Act as liaison with internal departments and outside agencies.
- Coordinate docketing for litigation attorneys, maintain calendars and CLE records.
- Communicate with clients, courts and litigation vendors, including frequent scheduling of depositions and mediations.
- Book and organize travel arrangements including flights, hotels, transportation, make changes to reservations as needed.
- Prepare expense reports and assist with billing and collections as needed.
- Perform various office and client filing (electronic and paper).
Skills and Educational Requirements:
- Three+ years recent litigation legal support experience, experience in the labor and employment field highly preferred.
- Familiarity with California state and federal rules and procedures required.
- Must have a solid understanding of technical legal terminology as well as court filing processes.
- Experienced with trial preparation and briefs a plus, including preparing tables of contents and authorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as excellent proofreading skills.
- Ability to timely respond to deadlines as well as balance workload.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in cooperative, small office environment and communicate with attorneys and support staff on every level.
- Punctual with excellent attendance.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 4-year college degree preferred.
Trusts and Estates Litigation Legal Assistant in a deadline-driven, team-oriented environment.
Temmerman, Cilley & Kohlmann, LLP, a preeminent trust & estates firm with offices in Santa Clara and Contra Costa Counties, seeks a legal assistant to provide support to attorneys in planning and administration in our San Jose office. Responsibilities include:
- Transcription and/or drafting correspondence, pleadings, memos;
- Provide comprehensive administrative support;
- Initiate, draft, edit and finalize correspondence, reports and other materials as requested;
- Proofread all work including correspondence, memoranda, and other legal documents;
- Manage and coordinate daily calendar, including scheduling meetings, hearings;
- Calendar critical deadlines and meetings;
- Manage administrative duties including but not limited to arranging conference calls, meetings, maintaining paper and electronic files, as well as handling photocopying, scanning, and faxing;
- Establishing and maintaining calendar and deadline reminder systems, opening new files, maintaining all client and general files, preparing files to be closed;
- Interact with and respond to clients in a timely and professional manner, whether in person or through email or calls;
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently, shift focus, adapt to changing priorities, and maintain composure in high pressure situations.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, planning, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage highly confidential information with professionalism and discretion.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Familiarity with the following programs will be helpful: Microsoft suite, Word Perfect, Time Matters, and Timeslips.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Premier Personal Injury law firm located in downtown San Jose is recruiting for a receptionist/legal assistant. The position requires a minimum of 1 year of legal experience working as a receptionist/legal/administrative assistant in a law firm as well as college credits.
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and professional telephone etiquette required. Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred but not required. Excellent opportunity for the right candidate who excels in a professional but congenial environment and who is interested in a career in the legal field. The right candidate must possess a flexible “can-do” attitude as well as empathy and compassion for our clients.
Job duties require the ability to answer phones and route calls efficiently. Prepare and maintain conference rooms and ensure rooms availability as needed. Manage all incoming mail and packaging needs, including opening, scanning and distributing incoming mail and packages and taking out all outgoing mail on a daily basis.
Familiarity with standard office equipment (phone system, copy machine, printer, postage machine, etc.) as well as technology including Google, MS Office, and Outlook. Familiarity with standard filing, indexing and processes. Open new files and compile new case data. Legal assistant tasks will be assigned in pre-litigation and litigation matters. Training will be provided in the firm’s practice and procedures to provide clerical support to office manager, senior legal assistants and paralegals in interesting, complex cases.
Maintain stock of coffee/tea supplies, water station and snacks. Maintain office equipment, including resupplying paper, ink and toner as needed. Maintain and order office supplies on an as-needed basis.
Provide administrative support to office manager to help run the office efficiently. Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality and protect sensitive information.
Position is full-time Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Benefit package includes medical/ dental and HSA account, 401K (after one year), vacation and holiday pay.
Please note that our firm requires that all employees who physically enter the workplace be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Interested applicants may send resumes to email@example.com.