We invite you to join SCCoLPA. Membership is open to all members of the legal community. Benefits of membership include:
Continuing Education – SCCoLPA offers quality educational programs presented by experienced attorneys and other legal professionals at a discount to members. We’ll help you meet your CCLS and MCLE requirements without breaking your budget.
Networking – Through educational meetings, seminars, conferences, and other events throughout the year, you’ll meet legal professionals just like you, all looking to sharpen and hone their skills.
Savings – Members have access to discounts on the following:
- Individual and Family Medical Insurance
- Travel Medical
- Medicare Supplements
- Dental Plans
- Financial Planning, Asset Allocation and Investment Management
- Long Term Care Insurance and Planning
- Retirement Plans
- Discounts through CEB
- Discounts on Event Tickets through Working Advantage
- Workers’ Compensation
- Hertz Car Rental Discounts
Other Benefits – Members may choose to join:
- LA Financial Federal Credit Union
- Provident Central Credit Union
- LPI’s Legal Specialization Sections:
- Civil Litigation
- Criminal/Family Law
- Federal Law
- Law Office Administration
- Probate/Estate Planning
- Specialty Law
Each section includes quarterly newsletters, a statewide membership roster for all sections, periodic regional seminars, and workshops at LPI’s quarterly conferences.
- Members receive LPI’s quarterly magazine, The Legal Secretary
- Members qualify for discounts on the following Rutter Group publications:
- The Legal Professionals Handbook
- The Law Office Procedures Manual
- Active. Persons (1) licensed to practice law, (2) employed as a legal professional in the office of an attorney engaged in the practice of law, (3) employed in any other institution or office directly engaged in work of a legal nature in California, for a period of not less than (1) year; or (4) not currently employed but has at least one (1) year of employment experience in a legal-related field qualify for Active Membership. Upon application and approval by SCCoLPA’s membership, Active members also become members of LPI. In addition to the benefits of SCCoLPA, Active members receive LPI’s quarterly magazine, The Legal Secretary, as well as discounts on all LPI events, such as the quarterly conferences and Legal Specialization Section seminars.
- Associate (Student). Any person with less than one year of legal experience or enrolled in an academic program involved in legal studies and not employed as described in paragraph (a) above may be admitted to Associate/Student membership. A person who qualifies for associate membership may become an Associate (Student) member of LPI upon payment of the appropriate local association dues and one-half LPI per capita tax. This member then shall have full active membership privileges, except they shall not be eligible for LPI office and may not serve as Governor or as a delegate. Associate members, shall not be eligible for SCCoLPA office nor have voting rights, but may serve on committees of this Association. Associate members are not eligible for the LPI Scholarship.
- Any Associate/Student member who becomes qualified under paragraph (a) above may become a full active member with all the rights and obligations of such membership, or any person enrolled in an academic program involved in legal studies who becomes employed part time or full time as described in paragraph (a) above and pays the full LPI per capita tax, may become a full active member with all the rights and obligations of such membership.
All applicants are required to submit an application along with the membership dues of $55 per fiscal year and a one-time initiation fee of $10 before they can be recommended and accepted for membership.
FISCAL YEAR: Our fiscal year is from May 1 to April 30. Dues for applicants inducted between the months of November and January are pro-rated.